GSP 2900 Data Services - Remote Terminated Data Service (RTD)Globalstar offers an optional Remote Terminated Data Service (RTD) for the GSP 2900 Fixed Phone.
- This service offers a user the ability to establish data calls with a remote monitoring system via the GSP 2900 and the Globalstar Satellite Network. A GSP 2900 configured with the RTD service allows the client to dial into the remote site, and poll, download or upload information to and from the monitoring equipment.
- Allows sites that have intelligent meters to make standard meter readings and have the head office call out for software updates, special unscheduled data calls, etc.
- Normally, the GSP 2900 Fixed Phone can receive and send voice calls. When RTD service is enabled, the following will result:
- For Inbound calling, the fixed phone can only receive data calls - no voice calls. (Refer to Diagram 1)
- For Outbound calling, the fixed phone can continue to send voice and data (Direct Internet & Direct Dial-up) calls. (Refer to Diagram 2)
- Companies that would benefit from this service would be those who require remote monitoring, SCADA, and unmanned data retrieval.
Inbound Calling and Outbound Calling
NOTE: Remote Terminated Data Service is NOT available on the FAU-200 Fixed Phone
For more information on the Fax Option for the GSP-2900 go to this link