Today’s smartphones provide a level of social connection far beyond what we imagined just a few years ago. But when you go beyond the reach of the grid your smartphone needs the help of SPOT Connect™ to keep you in touch with friends, family, & emergency personnel.
Simply pair your smartphone with SPOT Connect, and get connected to a global satellite network that lets you send messages and GPS coordinates from virtually anywhere on the planet. Update Twitter & Facebook. Send text messages or a short email. Request non-emergency help from contacts or professional service providers. And in the case of a critical emergency, send an SOS message requesting emergency assistance.
- Send messages from virtually anywhere via satellite
- Type & Send message (41 character) or Predefined message (120 character) options
- Track Progress on Google Maps™ or SPOT Adventures page
- Integrates with SPOTadventures.com and popular social destinations
- Smartphone app for operation and detailed status
- On device SOS button for standalone emergency operation
Device Specifics: Size: 3” x 2.6” x 1.2” (7.6 cm x 6.6 cm x 3.2 cm) Weight: 4.9 oz (w/ batteries) GPS Lat. Long. Datum format: WGS-84 Operating Environment: Temperature: -13°F to +140°F (-25°C to +60°C) Altitude: -328 ft to 21,325 ft (-100 m to +6500 m) IPX7 Waterproof: Up to a depth of 1 meter for up to 30 minutes Bluetooth range ~30 feet Certifications: FCC, IC, WEEE, SAR, RoHS, CE
Satellite Technology: GPS accuracy: 32.8 ft (10 m) location accuracy Commercial satellites (LEO): 1610-1620 MHz L-band frequency Visibility: 1 to 4 at any one time More satellites for SOS detection than anyone for faster signal detection. Battery Specifications: Type: 2 AA Energizer Ultimate Lithium 8X (L91)
- Apple iOS: Made for iPod touch® (2nd, 3rd and 4th generation), iPhone® 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G
- Android™: Platform 2.0 or later*