Using state-of-the-art satellite technology, SPOT HUG monitors a virtual security perimeter around your boat. SPOT HUG will instantly alert the appropriate parties even from remote areas beyond cellular coverage.
UNAUTHORIZED MOVEMENT NOTIFICATION
By establishing a virtual security perimeter around your boat, SPOT HUG detects Unauthorized Movement when your boat moves more than 500 meters without your authority and the key FOB is not present. A notification with the GPS position is automatically sent to the Asset Monitoring Center who alert local authorities (where available).
SENSOR ALERT CAPABILITIES
Connect SPOT HUG to up to 4 monitoring sensors for battery, high water, engine/ignition or other external contacts. SPOT HUG will alert you via SMS and/or email when an event happens. (Additional service required).
FULL SPOT MESSAGING FUNCTIONALITY
Provides reliable, location-based messaging via satellite independent of VHF radio. Let loved ones know where you are and that you’re OK or send a message for help in an emergency. Includes functionality for Check-in/OK, SOS, Help and Track Progress.
SOS: Use this function In the event of a life threatening or other critical emergency to notify emergency services of your GPS location and that you need assistance. The GEOS International Emergency Response Center alerts the appropriate agencies worldwide – for example contacting 9-1-1 responders in North America and 1-1-2 responders in Europe.
Help: In the event of a non-life threatening emergency, you can use this function to notify your personal contacts that you need assistance. Additional SPOT Assist services can be purchased and programmed to your Help button as well. When activated with SPOT Assist, the Help button will notify professional services either on the land or water. SPOT has partnered with national service providers to offer non-life threatening assistance.
Check-in/OK: This feature allows you to let your friends and family know that all is OK with a pre-programmed message along with your GPS location. With a push of a button a message is sent via email or SMS to up to 10 pre-determined contacts and your waypoint is stored in your SPOT account for later reference. Your stored waypoints can be easily integrated into a SPOT Shared Page or SPOT Adventure account.
Sensor Alerts: Connect SPOT HUG to up to 4 monitoring sensors for battery, high water, engine/ignition or other external contacts. SPOT HUG will alert you via SMS and/or email when an event happens. 5 alerts provided with Basic Services to enable system testing. (Additional service required).
Track Progress: Start/stop tracking at any time using your SPOT device (Additional service required). You can also mark a Reference Point or send Check-in/OK messages from specific locations while in Track Progress mode.
- 100% satellite-based for maximum coverage
- Unauthorized Movement alert notification to Asset Monitoring Center
- Receive Daily Status update message with boat’s location and any sensor notifications
- Sensor Alert monitoring and notification for bilge, engine and battery monitoring. Configure up to 4 monitoring sensors
- Key FOB for easy wireless activation
- Wireless Keypad security and messaging system
- Uses battery power or direct line power
- Easy to install
The following items are included in the packaging with the purchase of SPOT HUG:
- One (1) Tracker
- One (1) Tracker mounting bracket
- One (1) Keypad (pre-paired with Tracker)
- One (1) Keypad mounting bracket
- One (1) Key FOB (pre-paired with Tracker)
- One (1) Adhesive tape for testing Tracker pre-installation
- One (1) Cable assembly (Line power cord – 18 gauge, 6 ft long; 4 dry contact wires – 20 gauge, 6" long)
- Eight (8) #6 – 3/8" stainless steel screws for plastic/fiberglass and sheet metal for Tracker and Keypad mounting brackets.
- One (1) 18" USB cable
- Four (4) AA lithium batteries for Tracker
- Four (4) CR2032 coin cell lithium batteries (2 for Keypad and 1 for each Key FOB)
- One (1) Quick Start Guide
- One (1) Quick Reference Guide (for Keypad)