Globalcom Terms and Conditions – Sales and Service
HP Communications, Inc. doing business as GlobalCom (hereinafter referred to as “GlobalCom”) GlobalCom Satellite Communications is a provider of Inmarsat, Globalstar and Iridium Satellite Equipment and Services. The following Terms and Conditions apply to all sales, rental and service agreements by GlobalCom Satellite Communications.
1. Payment and Sales Tax
- GlobalCom accepts cash, certified checks wire transfers, and VISA, MasterCard, and American Express credit cards for all purchases and services.
- GlobalCom charges sales tax on all shipments to Texas destinations.
2. Service Plans: All airtime plans have a minimum duration of 12 months, and automatically renew unless written notice is given 30 days prior to the anniversary day of the contract. All plans revert to monthly terms after completion of the original 12 month term. Early cancellation fee is $250 for Iridium service plans and $350 for Isatphone service plans.
Service cannot be cancelled via a phone call to Globalcom.
An email to email@example.com providing 30 days notice is required for cancellation. Please include the SIM card number.
Service is not cancelled until the customer has received an email confirmation.
3. Airtime Plan Pricing: The wholesale pricing of all airtime plans is determined by the satellite owner/operators (i.e. Globalcom, Iridium, Inmarsat and Thuraya). As such, the operators reserve the right to change the airtime pricing at anytime. No consultation or notice is required to be given to Globalcom.Therefore, the airtime plan pricing offered by Globalcom is also subject to change during the contract period, with or without notice. In the event that a customer wishes to cancel service mid-contract due to a price change, Globalcom will wave the $250 early termination fee.
4. Rental customers agree to pay the cost of a new replacement for any rental phone or accessory that is not returned. In addition, rental customers agree to pay the charges for any airtime used during the time the device is in their possession, and any addition rental time the device is kept beyond the original contracted return date.
5. Returns: All Sales are Final. In some circumstances Globalcom will accept return of products. All approved returns must be unopened and in new condition. A 15% restocking fee will apply for all approved returns. As a standard practice, GlobalCom will assist customers in processing warranty claims, however all sales of equipment by GlobalCom are final.
6. Charge-backs: Most issues can be resolved by contacting Globalcom directly. Globalcom is charged $25 by our credit card processor for charge-backs. This fee is the responsibility of , and will be billed to, the credit card holder.
7. Shipping: Products are normally shipped using standard FedEx Ground shipping. Upon customer’s request GlobalCom will expedite shipping via FedEx air shipment service or other means. Refused or undeliverable shipments will be subject to a restocking fee of 20%. All returns must be in new, unopened condition. In addition to applicable shipping, transaction and insurance fees.
8. Back Orders: At GlobalCom, we continuously update our product listings to ensure the accuracy of inventory availability. When a product is listed as out of stock, your order will be automatically placed on back order. GlobalCom charges your credit card for the entire order amount. Items placed on back order are shipped as soon as they become available from the manufacturer.
9. Order Cancellation: GlobalCom reserves the right to cancel a sale or to issue a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) for merchandise that is advertised in error, is unexpectedly out of stock, does not conform to specifications, or was shipped in error.
10 Advertising Disclaimer: GlobalCom is not responsible for product prices advertised in error. Advertised prices and available quantities are subject to change without notice. Prices advertised in the Special Deals email are valid for 5 days from date of issue.
It is a violation of the law to place orders under a false name or with an invalid credit card. We have a sophisticated Fraud Control system that screens for suspicious orders, which are subject to investigation and possible cancellation by our Fraud Control team. Fraudulent ordering will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Please be aware that even if you do not give GlobalCom your real name, your Web browser transmits a unique address to us, which can be used by law enforcement officials to identify you. Both the FBI and the US Secret Service are responsible for investigating Internet fraud cases.
12. Data Transmission Use & Dropped Calls:
Due to the technical nature of data setups and the inherent sophistication of data transmission through a variety of operating systems, GlobalCom makes no representation as to the success of data calls through the system. Along with potential incorrect use (i.e.: next to a building/obstruction), the Iridium system (a low earth orbiting satellite constellation) has inherent flaws and anomalies that can create dropped calls of either voice or data nature. GlobalCom can provide data setup technical support beyond the normal provided setup instructions at an additional charge. Please consult with a sales representative for more details.
13. Limitation Of Liability
The satellite services provided by the satellite service provider may be temporarily interrupted, delayed or otherwise limited and is not available everywhere in the world. GlobalCom makes no representation that the satellite service provider the customer chooses to use can provide uninterrupted service. Furthermore, GlobalCom shall have no liabilities or credit due for interrupted service unless caused by gross negligence of GlobalCom. GlobalCom shall not be liable for acts or omissions of other carriers, equipment failures or modifications, acts of God, strikes, government actions, or causes beyond our reasonable control. GlobalCom makes no warranties with respect to the service of any kind whatsoever, expressed or implied, except as specifically provided in this agreement. The implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for any particular purpose are hereby disclaimed and excluded. GlobalCom shall not be liable to its distributor or customer or any third party for any special, incidental, or consequential damages.
14. Call Between Satellite Carriers.
Calls from one carrier’s satellite phone to another carrier’s satellite phone are expensive. For example, calling from an Iridium phone to other satellite carriers like Inmarsat, Thuraya and Globalstar. These guys do not play together nicely. Your cost will be $9 to $11 per minute for this type of call. Just don’t do it! This service is best used to call cell phones, landlines, or other Iridium phones.
16. Governing Law: This contract is governed by the laws of the State of Texas.
17. Legal venue: The exclusive venue of any legal or equitable action, to which the HP Communications, Inc DBA Globalcom is a party, shall be the appropriate administrative forum, small claims court or State court in Dallas County, TX. For any legal, administrative or equitable action that arises, Texas law shall apply and Buyer/Customer waives any right to a jury trial.