|The Inmarsat LandPhone (fixed site) unit using high quality satellite phone service from Inmarsat currently provides coverage in Asia, Africa, and the Middle East, using Inmarsat’s latest generation Inmarsat-4 satellite over the Indian Ocean Region. Coverage Map United States and Global coverage planned for the end of 2008. The Isatphone is an affordable option for people who work, live, or travel to areas where communication may be non-existent or emergency back up communications is needed. Low speed data is also supported at 2400 bps.|
The LandPhone is Inmarsat’s new fixed satellite phone providing a low cost easy to use fixed satellite phone service for use in remote locations where local networks are non-existent or unreliable. It is a low cost and reliable solution for back-up emergency communications where phone service is needed indoors.
A standard phone can be connected to the LandPhone fixed satellite terminal. Its compact and robust design allows it to be easily transported to remote locations for easy set up for indoor or outdoor applications.
- Remote Office phone for construction, utility or mining sites
- Emergency back up communications in the event all other communications has failed
- Payphone – can be placed in remote recreational areas where cellular service is not available
- Dimensions: 50 x 150 x 210mm approx.
- Weight: 400g approx.
- Operating voltage: 10.5 – 24 Volts DC
- Data speed: 2400bps transparent mode
- Operating temp: 0°C to + 50°C
- Humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing
- Storage temp: -20°C to +75°C
- AC power supply: 100-235 Volts AC, 50/60 Hz
- Power adapter output: 12V, 1.4A (typical)
- Dimensions: 170 x 170 x 100mm
- Weight: 400g
- Pole diameter: 19 mm to 32mm (to be provided by the user)
- Length: 10.5m