Iridium AxcessPoint – Wi-fi Hotspot for Iridium Satellite Phones
Iridium AxcessPoint allows you to create a Wi-Fi hotspot by connecting to your Iridium satellite phone and establishing an Internet connection – from anywhere on the planet. With Iridium AxcessPoint connected to an Iridium phone, you are able to use your smartphones, tablets and laptops.
Combined with your Iridium satellite phone, Iridium AxcessPoint creates a Wi-Fi hotspot, wherever you are in the world, enabling you to use your smartphone and/or laptop to check emails and stay connected to the office, or keep in touch with family and friends at all times. Usage charges are billed per minute once the Internet connection is established, until you disconnect your Iridium AxcessPoint.
Included with Iridium AxcessPoint device is Iridium AxcessPoint Mail & Web that accelerates email messaging and web browsing when used with Iridium satellite phones and compatible WiFi devices. You can draft and view emails offline, queue them up to be sent at speeds up to 15x faster than use of standard web-based email, and configure email size to minimize your connection time.
Iridium AxcessPoint Mail & Web can also be set up to retrieve emails from external accounts, ensuring that you are always connected to your office and family anywhere on the planet. Iridium AxcessPoint Mail & Web removes ads, blocks pop ups, background images and compresses the webpage for download speeds three to five times faster than uncompressed pages.
How It Works
Iridium AxcessPoint must be used in conjunction with an Iridium satellite phone (Iridium 9555 or Iridium Extreme), and requires an active satellite phone subscription with data service. Prior to connecting your Iridium AxcessPoint, turn on your Iridium phone in an open area and ensure it is registered with good signal strength. Once your Iridium AxcessPoint is connected to the Iridium phone (using the included USB cable) and turned on, it will automatically establish an Internet connection. You can connect your smartphones and send emails using Wi-Fi access and your Iridium connection.
Iridium data speeds for the Wi-Fi hotspot are narrow band without acceleration software. An Iridium AxcessPoint connection can be optimized with the use of email and web acceleration software.
- Plug and play functionality – users simply connect their Iridium AxcessPoint via USB cable to an Iridium handset, which automatically establishes a data session without additional setup required.
- Small, light and portable – Iridium AxcessPoint offers a Wi-Fi range of 60 to 100 feet. Without being confined to one stationary position, users are able to move around comfortably while checking emails.
- Multiple connections – Iridium AxcessPoint can connect smartphones (such as Blackberry or Android devices), laptops and iPads for emailing and light web browsing.
- Model: PHS300IC
- Dimensions: 4.7” x 2.8” x .8” (122 mm x 73 mm x 18.5 mm)
- Certifications: FCC, CE, IC, Wi-Fi
- Operating Temp: 0 C to 50 C
- AxcessPoint Connect Manual
- Product Brochure
- AxcessPoint Web & Mail Manual