The Inmarsat iSavi WIFI Internet Terminal Rental Kits Include
- No Roaming or Long Distance charges
- Free Inbound Text Messaging
- Two Way Text Messaging Support
- Free Inbound Calls (caller pays for these)
- Free Technical Support
- Coverage for most of the Planet
- iSavi Internet and Phone Terminal
- 1 Batteries
- AC Charger
- User’s Manual
- Carrying Case
- Free Apps to control internet connctions and make and receive phone calls on your Smartphone or Tablet ( IOS or Android)
How does the rental process work?
- Choose your rental duration (in week + extra days). Your rental starts on the day the terminal is received, and ends when you give it back to FEDEX.
- Choose your airtime package. Keep in mind that the terminal will stop working when you data package is exhausted. You can monitor your usage on the control app on your phone or tablet. You can order more data if needed by calling or emailing us.
- Choose any optional accessories. The one time price shown is for the entire rental period.
- If you want damage insurance, check the box. Loss, theft or confiscation is not covered.
- Choose your shipping method. FedEx 2nd day is our standard shipping method.
- Choose the Return Shipping Label. This is a required item.
- Select the date you wish to receive the terminal, at least one day prior to your departure date.
- Let us know if you have any special requirements for your satellite WIFI rental.
- Add your order to the Cart to see your total, and Check out normally.
- We will FedEx the Wideye iSavi Isathubsatellite WIFI terminal to arrive at the delivery address on the date specified.
- When you finish with the terminal, put it back in the box it came in, and stick on the return label. Give the box to FEDEX or drop it in a drop box.
- That’s all there is to it!
Frequently Asked Questions (Satellite Phone Rental FAQ)
Question: Will this phone work where I’m going?
Answer: Inmarsat satellite phones and internet terminals work almost anywhere in the world, as long as you have an open clear view of the sky. Please check the coverage map to determine if the device will work in your area. Note: You can not take this device to Cuba, North Korea or India without government permission.
Question: Will this device work inside a boat/car/airplane/house?
Answer: No. The satellite terminal must have a direct line of sight to the satellite. This device is not designed to be used in or on a moving platform. It must be stationary to be properly pointed at the satellite.
Question: When does the rental period start and end?
Answer: The rental starts on the day you receive the device, and ends on the day you give it back to FEDEX for return shipment.
Question: How long will the battery last?
Answer: It will last about 24 hours in standby mode (on but not transmitting). It will last for about 2.5 hours of talk/internet time.
Question: Are incoming calls free?
Answer: Yes, they are free to the iSavi terminal, but the caller will be charged by their local phone company for an international call. We recommend have your callers send a free text message to the terminal instead.
Question: Can I send and receive text messages with a satellite internet terminal?
Answer: Yes. Incoming text messages are free. Outbound text messages are billed to the satellite terminal. All airtime bundles include a set text messages at no additional charge.
Question: Can I connect to the internet?
Answer: Yes, that is exactly where this device shines over standard voice only satellite phones.
Question: Can I call other satellite phone carriers like Inmarsat, Thuraya and Globalstar?
Answer: Calls from an inmarsat satellite terminal or phone to other satellite carriers like Iridium, Thuraya and Globalstar are very expensive. These guys do not play together nicely. Your cost will be $11 per minute for this type of call. Just don’t do it! This service is best used to call cell phones, landlines, or other Inmarsat phones or BGAN terminals.
Technical Specifications for the iSavi WIFI terminals:
- Dimensions: 7″ (L) x 6.7″ (W) x 1.5″ (D)
- Phone Weight: 886g (1.95 lbs) – including battery
- Complete Kit Weight 1700g (3.8 lbs) (terminal, 1 batteries, wall charger, carry bag)
- Extra Battery Weight 262g (0.6 lbs)
- Standby time: Up to 24 hours
- Talk time: Up to 2.5 hours